This waiver releases, TYLER KENNEDY TRAINING, TYLER KENNEDY, 412 KENNEDY ENTERPRISES, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, COACHES from any legal responsibility that may occur from injury, during training sessions, games, and events.
1. Being of lawful age and in consideration of being permitted to participate in the On Ice Hockey Training, Games, and Events, of TYLER KENNEDY TRAINING, TYLER KENNEDY, KENNEDY 412 ENTERPRISES, the Participant releases and forever discharges TYLER KENNEDY TRAINING, TYLER KENNEDY, KENNEDY 412 ENTERPRISES, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, COACHES, including their spouse, heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives and assigns from all manner of actions, causes of action, debts, accounts, bonds, contracts, claims and demands for or by reason of any injury to person or property, including injury resulting in the death of the Participant, which has been or may be sustained as a consequence of the Participant's participation in the activity described below, and not withstanding that such damage, loss or injury may have been caused solely or partly by the negligence of TYLER KENNEDY TRAINING, TYLER KENNEDY, KENNEDY 412 ENTERPRISES, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, AND COACHES.
2. The Releasor understands that the Releasor would not be permitted to participate in the activity described below unless the Releasor signed this Agreement.
3. The Participant will participate in the following activity: TYLER KENNEDY TRAINING, TYLER KENNEDY, KENNEDY 412 ENTERPRISES, will be providing on ice hockey training, games, and events for youth hockey players.
4. The Participant acknowledges that this Agreement is given with the express intention of effecting the extinguishment of certain obligations owed to the Participant and with the intention of binding the Participant's spouse, heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives and assigns.
5. The Participant acknowledges that the Participant does not have any physical limitations, medical ailments, physical or mental disabilities that would limit or prevent the Participant from participating in the above-mentioned activity. If required, the Participant will obtain a medical examination and clearance.
6. The Participant hereby acknowledges and agrees that the Participant has carefully read this Agreement, that the Participant fully understands the same, and that the Participant is freely and voluntarily executing the same.
7. The Participant understands that by signing this Agreement, the Participant agrees to be forever prevented from suing or otherwise claiming against the Activity Provider for any property loss or personal injury that the Participant may sustain while participating in or preparing for the above noted activity.
8. This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties to this Agreement and the terms of this Agreement are contractual and not a mere recital.
9. This Agreement will be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Once signed, this waiver will be valid indefinitely. I understand that my son or daughter will be participating in activities that involve serious risk of injury, including permanent disability and severe social and economic losses, which might result from their own actions, from the actions of others, from the rule of play, or from the condition of the competition area and/or the related facilities or equipment used in the activities in which I will be participating. I also understand that there may be other risks not known to me or not reasonably foreseeable at this time. I assume all of the forgoing risks and accept personal responsibility for any resulting injury, permanent disability or social and economic losses.
I hereby release, waive and discharge TYLER KENNEDY TRAINING, TYLER KENNEDY, KENNEDY 412 ENTERPRISES, and their respective employees and representatives (collectively the “released parties”) from, and agree not to sue any such released parties for, any claims demands, losses or damages which result on account of any injury, permanent disability or social or economic loss caused by, or alleged to have been caused by, in whole or part, any cause whatsoever, except for the sole negligence of any such released party.
In consideration of being permitted to participate in any way in the TYLER KENNEDY TRAINING, TYLER KENNEDY, KENNEDY 412 ENTERPRISES Program indicated below and/ or being permitted to enter for any purpose any restricted area (here in defined as any area where in admittance to the general public is prohibited), the parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) of the minor participant named below agree:
1. The parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) will instruct the minor participant that prior to participating in the below TYLER KENNEDY TRAINING, TYLER KENNEDY, KENNEDY 412 ENTERPRISES activity or event, he or she should inspect the facilities and equipment to be used, and if he or she believes anything is unsafe, the participant should immediately advise the officials of such condition and refuse to participate. I understand and agreed that, if at any time, I feel anything to be UNSAFE, I will immediately take all precautions to avoid the unsafe area and REFUSE TO PARTICIPATE further.
2. I/WE fully understand and acknowledge that:
(a) There are risks and dangers associated with participation in TYLER KENNEDY TRAINING, TYLER KENNEDY, KENNEDY 412 ENTERPRISES, activities which could result in bodily injury partial and/or total disability, paralysis and death.
(b) The social and economic losses and/or damages, which could result from these risks and dangers described above, could be
These risks and dangers may be caused by the action, inaction or negligence of the participant or the action, inaction or negligence of others, including, but not limited to, the Releasees named below.
There may be other risks not known to us or are not reasonably foreseeable at his time.
3. I/WE accept and assume such risks and responsibility for the losses and/or damages following such injury, disability, paralysis or death, however caused and whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Releasees named below.
I/WE HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE TYLER KENNEDY TRAINING, TYLER KENNEDY, KENNEDY 412 ENTERPRISES, COACHES, VOLUNTEERS, OR THE ICE RINK facility used by the participant, including its owners, managers, promoters, lessees of premises used to conduct the TYLER KENNEDY TRAINING, TYLER KENNEDY, KENNEDY 412 ENTERPRISES or program, premises and event inspectors, underwriters, consultants and others who give recommendations, directions, or instructions to engage in risk evaluation or loss control activities regarding the TYLER KENNEDY TRAINING, TYLER KENNEDY, KENNEDY 412 ENTERPRISES facility or events held at such facility and each of them, their directors, officers, agents, employees, all for the purposes herein referred to as "Releasee"...FROM ALL LIABILITY TO THE UNDERSIGNED, my/our personal representatives, assigns, executors, heirs and next to kin FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES OR DAMAGES AND ANY CLAIMS OR DEMANDS THEREFORE ON ACCOUNT OF ANY INJURY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE DEATH OF THE PARTICIPANT OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE EVENT(S) CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEE OR OTHERWIS
\I/WE HEREBY acknowledge that THE ACTIVITIES OF THE EVENT(S) ARE VERY DANGEROUS and involve the risk of serious injury and/or death and/or property damage. Each of THE UNDERSIGNED also expressly acknowledges that INJURIES RECEIVED MAY BE COMPOUNDED OR INCREASED BY NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS OR PROCEDURES OF THE RELEASEES.
EACH OF THE UNDERSIGNED further expressly agrees that the foregoing release, waiver, and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the Province or State in which the event is conducted and that if any portion is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding continue in full legal force and effect.
On behalf of the participant and individually, the undersigned partner(s) and/or legal guardian(s) for the minor participant executes this Waiver and Release. If, despite this release, the participant makes a claim against any of the Releasees, the parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) will reimburse the Releasee for any money which they have paid to the participant, or on his behalf, and hold them harmless.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, ASSURANCE, OR GUARANTEE BEING MADE TO ME AND INTEND MY SIGNATURE TO BE COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
By Registering, you have read the above carefully and agree to everything stated.
I have read this Waiver and Release from Liability and understand that I have given up substantial rights by agreeing to it. I agree to this waiver voluntarily, intending to be legally bound.
COVID-19 WAIVER AND RELEASE
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people. TYLER KENNEDY TRAINING, TYLER KENNEDY, KENNEDY 412 ENTERPRISES, COACHES, VOLUNTEERS, AND ICE RINK are following all preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, TYLER KENNEDY TRAINING, TYLER KENNEDY, KENNEDY 412 ENTERPRISES, COACHES, VOLUNTEERS, and ICE RINK, cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending TYLER KENNEDY TRAINING, TYLER KENNEDY, KENNEDY 412 ENTERPRISES, could increase your risk and your child(ren)’s risk of contracting COVID-19.
By agreeing to this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my child(ren) and I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending TYLER KENNEDY TRAINING, TYLER KENNEDY, KENNEDY 412 ENTERPRISES, and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at a TYLER KENNEDY TRAINING, TYLER KENNEDY, KENNEDY 412 ENTERPRISES, and ICE RINK session may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, TYLER KENNEDY TRAINING, TYLER KENNEDY, KENNEDY 412 ENTERPRISES, employees, volunteers, and program participants and their families. I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child(ren) or myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection and/or participation with my child(ren)’s attendance with TYLER KENNEDY TRAINING, TYLER KENNEDY, KENNEDY 412 ENTERPRISES. On my behalf, and on behalf of my children, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless TYLER KENNEDY TRAINING, TYLER KENNEDY, KENNEDY 412 ENTERPRISES, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of TYLER KENNEDY TRAINING, TYLER KENNEDY, KENNEDY 412 ENTERPRISES, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation with TYLER KENNEDY TRAINING, TYLER KENNEDY, KENNEDY 412 ENTERPRISES.
Tyler Kennedy Training - Return to Play Plan
Tyler Kennedy Training adopted and approved a plan to minimize exposure to the risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19 while allowing players to return to the ice.
While it is not possible to eliminate all risk of furthering the spread of COVID-19, Tyler Kennedy Training will take necessary precautions and comply with guidelines from the federal, state, and local governments, CDC, PA Dept of Health, as well as the NFHS, PIAA, and any PIHL rules to reduce the risks to students, coaches, and their families. As knowledge regarding COVID-19 is constantly changing, Tyler Kennedy Training reserves the right to adjust and implement precautionary methods as necessary to decrease the risk of exposure for our staff, players, and spectators.
ITEMS OF EMPHASIS
Tyler Kennedy Training already encourages flexible attendance policies for sessions to account for the busy lives of our players. In this new environment we will encourage our coaches to provide added flexibility to ensure that any player experiencing symptoms or exposure to COVID-19 stays home without feeling pressure to attend any Tyler Kennedy Training classes, events, or games.
Tyler Kennedy Training will comply with Allegheny County, state, and/or CDC guidelines regarding the wearing of masks while in ice rink facilities. The current guidelines as of August 6, 2020 state that all players, coaches, and spectators are required to wear a mask while inside ice rink facilities, including activities while on the ice, at least until restrictions are lifted.
Attention to physical distancing will be required at all times with specific requirements described in Tyler Kennedy Training COVID19 PROTOCOLS AND PROCEDURES form (below).
We will encourage players to either partially or fully dress at home, a practice that was successfully implemented during Tyler Kennedy Training sessions since July 2020. This was especially successful with younger players and we expect the practice to continue without issues.
Tyler Kennedy Training will work closely with the rink staff to develop and enforce capacity limits for locker rooms to maintain proper physical distancing.
Players will be asked to bring their own pre-filled water bottles to sessions and will not be permitted to share with any other players. Further, any equipment sharing will be prohibited.
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS AND PROCEDURES addresses specific guidelines that prohibit hand-shaking or other unnecessary physical contact between players, coaches, officials or spectators at events. The document also addresses proper hygiene standards including hand washing, the use of hand-sanitizer and prohibiting activities that increase the risk of exposure to saliva.
GUIDANCE FOR OUR COACHES AND VOLUNTEERS
Coaches will be encouraged to create practice plans with steps to minimize exposures whenever possible. This will include limiting the number of coaches needed on the ice to manage players and drills during the session, in addition to modifying practice plans to include 7 5% of drills aimed at avoiding contact during the session.
In the event that a player gets sick while participating in a Tyler Kennedy Training session, a coach will take steps to isolate them from the rest of the team without any physical contact. The players parents will be notified immediately and asked to remove the player from the facility. In the event of a subsequent positive or presumed positive case of COVID-19, local health officials will be notified, as will any players, coaches or officials who are known to have been in contact with the affected individual.
With regard to parents and spectators permitted to enter the facility, Tyler Kennedy Training will approach this from guidance of the rink but as of now, we will not allow parents and spectators to enter the Mt. Lebanon Recreation Center rink ( outside of extenuating circumstances) for any of Tyler Kennedy Training sessions.
Tyler Kennedy Training will always comply with current Allegheny Connty and/or state guidelines regarding the number of participants allowed at events, in addition to any further attendance restrictions, entrance/exit or other guidelines required by the rinks. We anticipate these guidelines to change from time to time throughout the season and have communicated to our members to be prepared to adapt accordingly.
Communication will be a key element to the successful implementation of the plan. Tyler Kennedy Training is committed to transparent and frequent communication with the players, the coaches, the families, and the staff at the rinks to ensure that we collectively create the safest environment possible while returning to the ice.
COVID-19 questions or concerns will be directed to TylerKennedyTraining@gmail.com
"COVID-19 Protocols and Procedures" will be emailed to all participants and must be acknowledged electronically by each family in the organization prior to their player(s) taking the ice.
At a minimum, we require the following as part of a player returning Tyler Kennedy Training:
• Encourage social distancing and promote healthy hygiene practices such as hand washing, using hand sanitizer, etc.
• Educate Athletes, Coaches, and Staff on health and safety protocols.
• Require Athletes and Coaches to provide their own water bottle for hydration.
• Read the COVID-19 Self-Screening and commit to following the guidelines noted therein.
• Follow all protocols put in place by all of the hockey rinks we utilize at a minimum, but Tyler Kennedy Training reserves the right to add to protocols if deemed insufficient.
• Comply with Commonwealth of Pennsylvania requirements as well as Allegheny County requirements
• Agree to the COVID-19 waiver when registering
• Dress fully or partially at home to minimize players using locker rooms and time in lobby
• Parents to follow rink protocols regarding attendance, but at a minimum we are encouraging limited spectators such as one parent per player and masks required during their whole time in the rink.
TYLER KENNEDY TRAINING WAIVER & RELEASE / ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY RELATING TO CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19 ---- *LISTED ON CALEDNLY REGISTRATION*
All students, coaches, and staff should self-screen using the questions
below prior to each practice, event, or meeting. If any answer to the
questions below is "YES", the student, coach, or staff member should stay home and consult their healthcare provider.
1. Have you experienced a fever of 100 degrees F or greater in the past 72 hours?
2. Do you currently have a cough?
3. Do you currently have a sore throat or runny nose?
4. Are you currently suffering from shortness of breath?
5. Are you currently experiencing a new loss of taste or smell?
6. Are you currently experiencing vomiting or diarrhea?
7. Are you currently experiencing any body aches, headaches, or
fatigue or generally feeling unwell?
8. Within the past 14 days, have you had close contact with someone who is currently sick with suspected or confirmed COVID-19?
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS AND PROCEDURES
If anyone in your family has tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 14 days or has been exposed to anyone who has tested positive within the last 14 days or are not feeling well and experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, the player is expected to
stay at home.
The CDC defines possible COVID-19 symptoms as:
Fever ( defined as temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher) or chills
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Muscle or body aches
New loss of taste or smell
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting
Parents are asked to assess their player for symptoms and provide temperature checks prior to each scheduled Tyler Kennedy Training Session. A player with a fever (100.4 or higher) or experience any Covid-19 symptoms is required to stay home.
Coaches and volunteers will screen and monitor players for symptoms prior to sessions. If an individual shows symptom, has temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher or are sick, they will be sent home.
Hand-shaking, fist bumps and high-fives as well as other unnecessary physical contact with coaches, teammates or other athletes, officials, and spectators before during, and after games is to be avoided.
Activities that increase the risk of exposure to saliva ( such as chewing gum, spitting, licking fingers, etc.) will not be permitted.
Players and coached will be asked to use hand sanitizer ( containing at least 60% alcohol) at arrival, departure, during water breaks, and after using restroom facilities.
Hand hygiene standards will be encouraged and enforced by coaching staff.
Players and coaches are to arrive at the rink no more than 15 minutes prior to their scheduled start time.
Throughout the upcoming 2020-21 season, Tyler Kennedy Training will comply with Allegheny County, state and/ /or CDC guidelines regarding the wearing of masks while in ice rink facilities.
We encourage players to arrive to the rink fully dressed whenever possible.
Sharing of equipment between players will NOT be permitted.
In the event that a player gets sick while participating in a Tyler Kennedy Training event, a coach will take steps to isolate them from the rest of the team without any physical contact. The player's parents will be notified immediately and asked to remove the player from the facility. In the event of a subsequent positive or presumed positive case of COVID- 19, local health officials will be notified, as will any players, coaches or officials who are known to have been in contact with the affected individual.
Parents will not be permitted to enter the rink to minimize risk of exposures.
Throughout the upcoming 2020-21 season, Tyler Kennedy Traiing will comply with Allegheny
County and/or state guidelines in addition to specific rink guidelines as it relates to parents and spectators permitted to enter the facility for events. Further, Tyler Kennedy Training will follow any guidelines set forth by the rink to limit entrance and exit traffic, utilize designated entrances and exits, and prohibiting people from congregating anywhere in the facility.
Coaches and players must maintain appropriate physical distancing at all times possible, including on the ice, in locker rooms and all public spaces in the facility.
Locker rooms may or may not be available (pending each rink's specific policies). When available, locker room occupancy limits will be posted and enforced.
Expect that locker room bathrooms and water fountains will not be available for use.
Players are required to bring their own filled water bottle with their name clearly marked. Water bottles are not to be shared with other players under any circumstances.
All players, coaches, and parents will be asked to exit the rink within 15 minutes after their event has ended.
Tyler Kennedy Training will follow these with the intent of providing the safest environment possible for all participating members in Tyler Kennedy Training sessions. By registering, you acknowledge that you and members of your family will follow these protocols and procedures during all Tyler Kennedy Training sessions during the 2020-21 Season.